Sunday, May 17, 2009

7 weeks to go!!

So,,,I did have quite a bit written on my blog the other day but the storm came through and cut off all our power. All my hard work was lost, so I just started to pout. I decided I would punish said storm and not write on my blog for another day. :)


Ash and I went to Miami a three weeks ago for our babymoon. I got spa treatment while he played golf, so it was a win-win situation. Oh--I also got chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast everyday...in bed!!! So fun! Here are some pics from the golf trip:


Ash playing...








random raccoon running on the course,,,sure,,,why not?










is this thing a dinosaur? I have no idea what it was but i sure was glad my zoom lense was working,,,,



here we are in South Beach. I am the whale in front,,,embracing my "whaleness"


The week after Miami, we went to Louisville for Ash's youngest brother's wedding. Whit and Ali are so stinkin cute you might throw up,,,so beware:)


Needless to say, it has been a very crazy past few weeks around this house. And the next few will undoubtedly be just as crazy. My sweet and dear friend Shelby is putting together my nursery this coming Friday, and then I celebrate my 30th birthday. Oh my goodness. 30. Geez Louise. Cant even think about that now....:) YOu know whats funny? How I measure my life in weeks now. Like I have 7 weeks left till my baby is here. Odd isnt it?

My son is kicking away in my tummy now as I type. You want to know his name? Its Charles Ashley Clayton III,,,and we will call him Charlie. :)))) My very first dog was named Charlie. He was a basset hound who ran away on Thanksgiving morning when I was very young. Hopefully my Charlie will not do the same....:))


4 comments:

Audrey said...

We are so excited for you! Mom and I are planning to come to the shower.

Audrey

The Speck family said...

Love these pics and your new blog design! Little Charlie will not run away, don't worry~ if he needs a break from mommy and daddy he is ALWAYS welcome for a sleepover at our house :). We are referring to the month of May as the "month of Mere" so bring on the celebrations!!! Love you~ KJS

Missy said...

I love reading your thoughts-- you make me smile so big!!!! You look great and I wish you the best!!! Little Charlie is so lucky to have such a fun and great Mom!!! Happy almost 30!!

Kristin said...

Chocolate pancakes-my FAV! John makes them for us on most weekends! Looks like ya'll had a great babymoon-doesn't look we'll be getting one with the second kiddo! HAHA Enjoy your last few weeks!