Sunday, December 04, 2005

SEC Bound

this past weekend was my first ever trip to the SEC Championship football game. Now, of course we all know the Vols are not one of the 2 teams there because they had the crappiest season ever. This year it was LSU vs. Georgia, and so my husband was thrilled we got tickets. he was like a little kid--it was hysterical. i worked some Saturday morning(bummer) and then we left for Atlanta. I was planning on wearing my orange UT sweatshirt, but took it off before we went into the stadium. i was neutral and wore a black sweater. Ash had a red polo shirt on and was barking the whole time for the Dawgs. I was watching UGA, the mascot bulldog the whole time. i must admit the atmosphere was unbelievable and the fans were outstanding. there was a little section or 2 for LSU and then the rest was black and red. Georgia rolled over LSU to lead them to victory and a great night for Ashley. We then stayed the night at his brothers place in Atlanta and hung out with them most of today. We were talking about the fun weekend with the win and visiting family and how great things were when,,,,,,

we got a flat tire. all the wind was let out of our sails. then it began to rain. So, in the pouring rain, Ash changed the tire and then we went to eat at Shoneys. All we wanted was some strawberry pie, but they were out. so, things took a drastic turn there towards the end. so, now we are home, but Ash has a SEC title and a bid to the Sugar Bowl. He had a great weekend overall!!

ok, my favorite show "Grey's Anatomy" is on,,,,,gotta go!

love you all

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer about the flat tire! Congrats to Ashley and UGA- I wanted them to win. See you in a few weeks......can you clean my teeth while we are home?!?!

Shanta said...

Girl- sooo glad you got home ok. No strawberry pie? What is THAT about? And I'm glad you have a husband who knows how to replace the tire. Sounds like a memorable weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith, it's Tracey (Harper). I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading about your life's funny moments! I'm living in Atlanta now... if you're ever back in town, I'd love to meet up for a little bit! Add me to your email address book, and I'll send you an email. Mine is Tracey.Shepherd@charter.net

- Tracey (Harper) Shepherd

hejlyeah said...

Great story Mere. Can we talk about the Rose Bowl-bound HORNS?? Woo-hoo!

Strawberry pie sounds so good right now. I'm glad we have a shared love for eating.

Unknown said...

Mere- Vsmile for Palmer is $80 and for 5 year olds and up.......I think we need to come up with a Plan B!

Shanta said...

Mere- post something or get kicked off the island!