Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ode to Travis from his Sister

Well, I read Kel's blog and decided to write down a few of my favorite Travis memories. get ready.

1. We used to build so many forts in the living room, it was insane.
2. you can hardly find a baby picture of me that doesnt include Travis in it.
3. he wore braces for most of my adolescent life.
4. he used to fix his hair before he went to bed .(i'm talking gel, mousse, hairspray, the works)
5. he wore so much cologne to school most days that i had to rolll the windows down just to breathe.

6. we drove 15 miles an hour on the interstate to school one day in my dad's old truck. he still drives 15 mph to this day.

7. he drove all the way from Abilene to watch me play my last game at my high school. that was such a surprise and so awesome!

8. i do admit he has the most amazing voice. The next American Idol?
9. i followed him to ACU because i missed him like crazy, and it turned out to be the best decision of my life.
10. he drove me to Hendrick's Hospital in Abilene like 3 times in one year.

11. He finally asked out Kelly and she FINALLY said yes.
12. He was a rebel ONCE, and voted for Gore. (oops!)
13. he knows more history than any normal person should.
14. he was the most amazing basketball player and the most humble.
15. i also admit he has gotten funnier lately, and the boy can dance.

16. he has put up with me when he didnt have too.
17. he loves the Lord with all his heart and always puts others first.
18. we will be Braves fans till we die.
19. he and I will always love to ride four-wheelers.
20. he makes a mean milkshake.
21. he sang perfectly at my wedding, and he was the tallest person there.
22. through the worst season ever, he is still a Vols fan.
23. through 4 years of college, he never once helped me move in or out of dorms or apartments. thanks for the love. poor JP did all the heavy lifting!

24. he still lets me come into his room on Christmas morning to wake him up. Now i have to knock!:)
25. even though he is the middle child, he is the most normal one in our family.
i love you Trav--you the best brother ever and I am so blessed that you are mine!

love your most favorite sister-
Mere

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, so sweet- you are a mess. We'll see you in a few weeks.......happy Turkey Day!

Shanta said...

Mere- that was really sweet! He's lucky to have such a fun sister. I don't even want to know the kind of list my brother would make about me..

Shanta said...

P.S. I think we'll be passing like ships in the night over the holidays.. we were in BNA for thanksgiving (why oh why did we drive?) and in NY for x-mas.. so sorry to miss you guys! Come to dallas and we'll show you a good time.