Sunday, May 04, 2008

13.1 miles baby!



So, since the last time I have written I have been to sunny California and also walked/ran a hlaf marathon!! I have been a busy girl!! Lets start with Los Angeles, CA:




I went with some girls from church for a few days. We stayed in Santa Monica right on the beach which was GORGEOUS! No wonder people stay there for the weather! After some extensive shopping we went to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno for a taping. Then the next day went to a taping for "According to Jim". It took about 4 hours to do a taping of the show, and during breaks between takes a guy would entertain the crowd. Well, we happened to be on the front row right next to this guy. He was stinkin hilarious! He then wanted to have a dance competition and guess who he picked for one of the three people? Me of course! So, I had to break out all my best moves to try to make my friends proud. Idid not win,,,,,,but I did win a Sprite which was perfect cause I had worked up quite a sweat. So for the rest of the time I tried not to make eye contact with him so he wouldnt call on me anymore. Remember in class when you tried to avoid to teacher so they would not call on you? I was totally doing this.




So, then we went to eat at a place where they had a mechanical bull. Yep, you guessed it. I was dared to ride the bull and I did,,,,for about 15 seconds. Those are not as easy as I thought! So I thought I had humiliated myself enough for the day and went to bed.




On our flight home at LAX airport I ran into Bob Harper--the trainer from "The Biggest Loser". You don't undestand--I was totally freaking out inside but was trying to be cool. I love that show! So I got my pic with him,,,,,,,

He was on my flight home to Nashville, and I had tons of questions for him, but decided to let him fly in peace.



So, last weekend I did the Country Music Marathon,,but just the half. It started out raining on us, and it was the crack of dawn on a Saturday. It turned out to be really cool and fun. Here is my medal that I have been wearing daily since then,,,


I will stop wearing it soon, cause it is in the way as I work on my patients:)

So, that about does it for now. I go to Michigan next week to see Palmer and Lainey Hope so I will post more then!! Have a good one!!

3 comments:

leslie said...

I am still amazed that you met Bob. That is so awesome! And you look great! That girls trip sounds like so much fun!
I miss you more than....
Well, I had something funny for right there, but I forgot it.

I just miss you a LOT!

Unknown said...

Chica- I am amazed there is a new post :). You rock for doing the half marathon and I hope to join you next year....Lord knows my toosh needs it. Love the pic with you and Bob and I can't wait to see pics from your MI trip. Bennett sends lots of kisses to aunt Mere Mere. We love you! K, T & B

Keeley White said...

I cannot believe that you actually updated your blog. I had almost given up on you. I know that you and Ashley have stuff going on all the time to 'blog' about so no excuses anymore! Tell Ashley that I said hello and we still all need to do dinner!