Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there and soon to be new mommies! I hope everyone had great day with family! Ash and I came to Memphis for the special weekend to see Nana and also for my cousin Courtney's baby shower. She is due in July and looks absolutley precious!! She is expecting baby Sam in a few weeks and we cant wait to meet him!

We then had a cookout at my Aunt Carols house last night which was awesome! It truly is hard to beat Memphis bar-b-que! The highlight of the night happened with my dad. Here is the story: Mom, dad, Ash and I were getting ready to leave Aunt Carol and Uncle Jerry's house for the night. Ash and I talked for awhile with everyone, but I kept hearing a light knocking sound. I thought it was the girls out on the porch so I kept talking. I heard the knocking again a few minutes later,, a little louder this time,,but kept on going. ( I had to get through my conversation!) Then I noticed dad was nowhere to be found. I heard the knocking again, and mom went through a hallway and to a bathroom where my dad had been locked in for several minutes! He said he was starting to sweat thinking he would be stuck in the bathroom for the rest of his life! He emerged safely and we went home exhausted.

But I love coming to see my grandparents--Gran and Nana. Always love coming to their house, with its beautiful landscape and warm smells of great cooking inside. They always make you eat until you are literally about to pop by saying, "Come on Mere. Get you some more! Finish it up!" Why do grandmothers do that? In the mornings, its hard to sleep in cause Nana is right outside our room talking to mom saying she cant hear mom, and wondering when we are going to get up. Meanwhile mom is talking quiet so as not to wake us but Nana cant figure that out. So, therefore I am wide awake in there just listening to their conversation. (Just wear the freakin hearing aids please!) But now we are waiting on everyone to get here to celebrate Mothers Day Nana style. I can smell the roast, hashbrown casserole, corn, and of course--Nana's rolls. I know everybody's grandmother makes good rolls or something,,,but Nana's are ridiculously good. I shall eat several in fact without hesitation.

I was just informed that this year,,,for the first time in family history,,,,the kids are eating where the grownups used to eat!! NO MORE KIDS TABLE!! There was a mutiny arising and Nana surrendered but switching. I am so excited! We will take pictures by the same hydrangia bush we always have, then come in and eat ourselves sick. I will in no way contribute to the ride home also. I will sleep in the back while Ash drives with Dad in the front telling stories about anything and everything. Here is a pic of the family in front of said hydrangia:


i read a quote today at church about mothers that I thought was awesome!

"To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world!" (love you mom!)

Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

The Speck family said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet.......we are soooooo sad to have missed out on all the fun- we were there in spirit! Thank you for my sweet card- we love and miss you guys! B says to send his TN girlfriend a big, sloppy kiss. Hugs, Kell

Amanda Brooks said...

Meredith,
I stumbled upon your blog and I'm so glad I did! So you are living back in Nashville now? I'd love to catch up.
Amanda (McKinney) Vickers
amanda.vickers@cmt.com

andrea said...

Meredith,

I saw your link on Missy's blog. Looks like you are doing well. Nana's are the best!

Oh, and if you email me @ fox.mama@hotmail.com
I'll add you to my blog list ;)

Kristin said...

Meredith!! Hey girl! It's so good to see that you are doing well and you look great! I'll add you to my list and keep checking on ya!