Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ash + Me + Baby = 3!!

Well, its official.

I am knocked up:) Of course my hubby is like "Can you put it in a better way?" I have been waiting to announce it until Ash's family found out at Christmas. So today marks three months which means I am almost done with the first trimester.

If any of you have read the Jenny McCarthy books on pregnancy and babies...they are hysterical. Somewhat raunchy, but funny. I thought I would blog about the joys of pregnancy from my point of view. So, here we go......

From some friends and family members I have heard that in their first trimesters they lost alot of weight. They were sick alot, which I totally sympathize with. I only threw up once, but that could have been caused from the gigantic cinammon roll I bought at Publix. Other than that I have felt ok. Whoever called it morning sickness is a big fat liar. I was sick all day long at work and at home. I am finally getting over all that which brings me back to the weight issue.

I cant stop eating.

Its that simple. All I want to eat is macaroni-n-chesse. I havent touched a salad in 13 weeks, and for those that know me that is very weird. My husband is totally confused at my recent appetite. I no longer graze off his waffle fries from Chick-fil-A. I get my own and do not share under any circumstance. I am pretty sure I have not lost any weight this first trimester. I can still fit in my clothes because thankfully I am still exercising. But as I sit here and write this in my jeans, the top button is unbuttoned. :)

Also, my face has broken out like a freakin 13 year old. Its getting better but come on already!! I cant handle too many changes at once. I bet my body is freakin out from all the mac-n-cheese and chips I am pouring into it. Another good example---the other night we went to eat at Chili's after visiting my friend Keeley and her sweet baby Reed at the NICU . Of course we got chips and salsa, but then I got the fajita pita but only ate the fries. Skip the protein--head straight for the carbs. Nice Mere.

Ash and I leave to go snowboarding on Tuesday for the new year and I can barely get into my ski clothes. Good grief. Oh well. I have said that if I was ever blessed enough to get pregnant I was gonna enjoy it. So the time has come. Let the blizzards from Dairy Queen come a plenty!!

If any other friend has eaten alot in your first trimester,,can you send me a little note of encouragement? Cause at the moment I have no idea if its baby down there, or if I am just bloated from the 3 biscuits I ate at Cracker Barrell.

So I am gonna go get into something way more comfy than these stupid jeans.

Goodnight!!

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Congrats! I am truly happy for you Merbear. Love you!

Audrey

andrea said...

Congratulations!

I was also a weight gainer all 3 trimesters :). Don't worry...it will all come off.

Terah said...

Yea!! Congratulations! I was right there with you on the carb loading, and I'm usually a health nut. Mac-n-cheese was my favorite food that first trimester. I definitely haven't lost weight...I'm just hoping it will come off after the baby arrives! Either way, I've enjoyed every second of pregnancy - it's by far the coolest thing I've ever experienced...such a blessing. I am so excited for you!

Missy said...

Congrats!!!! My face went crazy-- I said I did not understand my face did not even break out when I was 13??? what is going on???? Eat and be merry -- it will come off!!!

annalee said...

CONGRATULATIONS! what exciting news:) you've got a great adventure ahead! and yes, those jenny macarthy books are the absolute funniest reads. i read them many times.

joyce klein said...

congratulations hope all goes well

The Speck family said...

Love this post~ you know that I only gained weight by the loads from the minute I found out I was pregnant.....and yes, I was making easy mac and cheese at 10 am each morning while at work :). I cannot wait to meet our sweet baby C.....he/she is going to be SO SPOILED it is not even funny. We love you and will see you SOON. KJS

GPaty said...

Congrats Meredith! Such wonderful news! I ditto everything that has been said about gaining weight, but just know that this is one of the most AMAZING times in your life so just try not to worry about it and enjoy it! I am sure you are beautiful! And, by the way, let me know when you are ready to talk about the crazy ways your body reacts AFTER you have the baby...I went through stuff that no one EVER told me would happen....yikes. :) Love you!

Stacey said...

Congrats! I am with you on eating. All I want to eat is junk food as well. Oh well I did it once and the weight came off so hopefully the same will happen. I did lose weight the first trimester but I am not sure how. Its all back on though. Enjoy eating!