Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Mac-n-cheese please!!!

So before I go into some pregnancy issues, I would like to tell you some awesome things that have happened and will happen this week:

First and best of all,,,my sweet angel nephew Bennett is out of the hospital today! He was admitted for upper respiratory issues and they feared pneumonia. Thankfully after extensive tests he was allowed to go home this afternoon! I am so excited to see him, which brings me to more news....

Second--Trav, Kel, and Bennie-boo-boo are moving here this weekend!! The prodigal son returns!! (just kidding trav!) I am super duper thrilled to have them home and I can see them all the time! We will be the original couple again like in college! For those of you who didnt go to ACU with us, let me give you some background. This will be fun :)

Kelly transferred her sophomore year, my freshman year. She was the hot ticket when she arrived. Everyone asked her out including Travis, of whom she rejected twice! I told him to forget about her cause she was obviously not interested:) Turns out she and I had a class together. I remember the night we met,,,

It was a night health class and we were in line getting our body fat tested. Every womans nightmare. Seriously! She was a few people ahead of me and someone walked by to ask her if she was going to their basketball game--which in of itself is hysterical. Have you seen Kel play ball? Thats neither here nor there,,,,but its so funny:) love you kel!

So once I put the name and face together, I calmly asked her why she would not go out with my brother? Logical question I thought. Turns out she did want to, but Trav was so slow on the asking part that other guys beat him to it. She had her eye on my bro anyway, so it all worked out. She became my bestest and dearest friend. I am so happy to have her as my sister in law. I really am blessed to have her and Kim who has known me since I was 10 years old. Let me tell you,,,she has some good stories on your girl here. So lets hope she never blogs about it!

But I always hung out with trav and Kelly, so to have them here is truly wonderful. I plan on getting to her house bright and early on Fridays and hang out all day only to leave before Trav gets home! Good plan!

Oh-I also need to get a good Motown cd for Bennett. At my cousins wedding he was laughing so hard his shoulders were shaking to the song by the Four Tops-Sugar Pie Honey Bunch,,,It was hilarious!

One more good thing about this week--the show 24 has FINALLY come back! For those faithful who endured last season,,,let me say that Jack is Back!!

Now-Pregnancy. I know it seems like I complain but I am not meaning too! I am truly thankful for this miracle because it really is a miracle. Have you stopped to think about the details that go into this? Everything has to be perfect! But, without the other details, you all know what I mean:) get your minds out of the gutters! :)

We ate at J Alexanders the other night and I ordered a salad. Good right? Oh-no worries cause I got my own side of mac-n-cheese. Had too-its too good. For breakfast saturday I did well up until a certain point. I had egg whites and turkey bacon, some yogurt with fruit also. But,,,then I made cinammon rolls. The mini ones that are squares? Yep-well---ate about,,hmmm,,,12 or so? Then I just licked off the icing of the rest of the rolls. So much for the healthy breakfast.

I am starting my 15th week and I think I may be experiencing heart burn. Never had it before but I think I do now. Is this normal? Surely it cant be my sporadic eating habits! :) I feel like I am throwing up in my mouth sometimes, but I really am not. Does that make sense?

So I watched some of the Golden Globes tonight. Mainly to see the dresses and my leading man Leo!!! Shout out to Leslie!! How many times did we watch Titanic in our dorm room after chapel? too many!! All those women who have had kids and they are so tiny!! Sickening! Oh well. Bet they arent really happy anyway. :")

So, Trav and Kelly move Saturday and we go with Ash's family to Beaver Creek, CO to do some snowboarding next week. That is if I can fit into my ski clothes. :)))

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

4 comments:

The Speck family said...

Oh Mere~ some parts of this need to be erased, but thanks for the shout out :). We will see you and baby C very soon.....and yes, I will be watching 24 and The City tonight, thinking of you. Much love from VA....B sends you a big sloppy kiss and raspy giggle.

Stacey said...

Yep heartburn it is. Get some Tums and that will help. I never had it either until I was pregnant and now it is back in full force. I take tums every night just in case. The joys pf pregnancy!

Cortni said...

Mere...you crack me up (as always!) I loved reading this post. I could hear your voice saying it all :)

I am so excited for you and Ashley...and baby C! What a fun mommy you are going to be!!

And hey...eat what you want and don't worry about the pounds! It's the one time you get a free pass to gain weight! My theory was...I am going to get fat whether I eat well or not...so I might as well enjoy it!! Have fun eating your cinnamon rolls!!!

Love you Mere Bear!

Shanta said...

Hellllooooo Mere! I am so glad you're back to the blog. Pregnancy is so interesting, you will have lots to post about! By the way, congrats! I had the pleasure of hangin with Steve and Cilla over T-giving. Turns out, I done got knocked up too! I think we're about a week apart. You're going to be an awesome/hilarious mother.

I love all your observations. Keep em coming and keep the tums in the nightstand. You think heartburn's bad, look up "nigra linea" and "episiotemy." That should make you feel better.