Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Ahhhh, home sweet home.


It seems this old saying has almost three different meanings as I sit here this morning. Let me go through the three different ones quickly before I divulge into the trip.


First of all, and most imporantly, my dear friend Keeley will finally get to bring her sweet baby Reed home soon after recently getting a brand new heart! We got the joyous news this week while we were gone and tears immediately started flowing! The phrase "Home sweet home" to the White family must have the most amazing meaning behind it! After I think over 10 weeks, that sweet baby could come home in the following days. So welcome home Reed!!


Second, Trav, Kel, and Bennett moved here this past week. I would imagine "Home sweet home" is such a literal phrase especially to Travis. He has been gone for 12 years I think! And so as the nomadic son returns home to his roots, we welcome them with open arms and hopefully will not drive them back to Virgina with our being over there all the time! :)


Lastly, we just got into town last night from the week in Colorado. You know when you have been gone from home for awhile, and the plane lands and you just breathe real deep? Well thats what I did, followed by some sneezing. Welcome to Nashville-Sinus capital of the world.




Our trip home was actually uneventful which is good for us but not very funny for blogging purposes. So let me tell you bout the trip....






We really had a blast snowboarding and its so weird to think next year I will be taking a 7month old with me!! Thank you for all the prayers for our safety! I would usually quit early in the afternoon cause I was tired and cause my pants were half unbuttoned. My stomach is definatley sticking out now. And no----I will not be putting pictures of my stomach on the worldwide internet! That is insane! No one wants to see that! I have to sheild my eyes everytime I take a shower! I will however post some more pics in a second...

As I was "shredding", which means snowboarding down the mountain (I have to explain the lingo to everyone:) I was listening to my IPOD. I found myself listening to Guns-n-Roses, Dave Matthews, and of course Britney and I was flying!!! I mean it!! I probably wasn't but it sure felt like it! I was going in and out of trees listening to awesome music feeling like nothing could stop me. However I didnt account for the tree stump covered by snow that did in fact stop me. I landed hard on my butt, but fortunately for me that area is quite padded so no worries mom!





I am the one completely covered!!!

We did have a great time with his family though. We played games at night and watched movies, and walked through the cute village looking at art that is so expensive its ridiculous. I know I am not the most cultured girl (mom tells me that!) but it was like $13,000 for a glass frog or painting of a moose. Silly silly silly.

But alas, we are home now. Planning on going to see Kelly and Bennett later today and hopefully sweet Reed later this week. Oh and now that I know mom, Mrs. Dixie, and Mrs. Jan are reading this, I will try to be a little more tactful! :) This is random but this is when we told his brothers we were having a baby over Christmas! Whit is getting married in May so it was a very happy Christmas! This one is random but its my favorite! This was over the holidays and we tried to get all the kids to sit still for a second to get a really great picture. Well as you can see, Lainey was having none of it and Bennett was about to lose it any second. Palmer, the pacifist, tried his best to hold down the fort. We may not have gotten the perfect picture, but I think this one is priceless!


It is so good to be home...

3 comments:

Keeley White said...

finally pictures!!!! I still cannot believe that you went snowboarding pregnant. We are planning on going back to CO this time next year but the boys will be staying home!
We would love for you to come see Reed this week. We do have to be there for you to see him so just text me and let me know.

The Speck family said...

Love the commentary and pics.... how can you not crack up at the last pic~ Lainey and Bennett are going to take Kim and I over the cliff one day....they are so fiesty, but so dang cute. I cannot wait for baby C to join the banchees under the Christmas tree next year :). Love you much.

The Pruetts said...

Hey Meredith!

I have been catching up with you on your blog. Congrats on your pregnancy! I loved reading about the food that you have been eating. Kam and I were all about Bueno when we were pregnant. I will be following up with you now that I have your blog! That is so exciting that Travis and Kelly have moved back. Kamara has a blog, too. Her new last name is Cox and mine is Pruett, just so you know.