Sunday, February 15, 2009

Its a ...

So,,,,we have learned alot about Baby Clayton over the past couple of days!

Friday morning Ash and I went to the doctor to find out lots more about our sweet one. My first ultrasound with the goo on the tummy (praise the Lord!!!) She wasted no time and poured it on me and started checking everything out. We were just relaxing watching the nice flat screen they had to view when she said "You want to find out?" Let me back up a couple of months...

Around 12 weeks the doctor guessed it was a girl. Then a month or so later when the other doctor heard the heartbeat he guessed girl also. So I really was like...alright. A mini-Meredith. Sweet Jesus--have mercy on me. :) So you can imagine my utter shock and surprise when the nurse Friday said, " Its a BOY!!" I just looked at her like she had lost her mind. Ashley totally started laughing. Don't get me wrong--I am thrilled to have a baby boy! Most importantly he is healthy so thats a praise. But I didnt talk much cause I was in shell shock for a couple of hours.

We met up with Kelly and Bennett for breakfast at Pancake Pantry to tell her the news and she was totally shocked too! Bennett even had bets on that the baby was a girl. We told our parents on Valentines Day at a brunch mom made for us and Ash's parents. So I can ease into this parenting thing cause I hear boys are a bit easier:)

I do want to gloat on my amazing husband for a quick second....

Last night for Valentines we had Travis and Kelly over for dinner. I was up working out and he cooked the entire meal. Yummy steaks, twice baked potato, sauteed green beans! I literally did nothing but make a pie for dessert. He cooked and get this ladies.....he did the dishes after too!! Sweet man! Well, thats the least he can do since I am sacrificing my body for 9 months. Geez..

One more thing before I go,,,I think my friend Keeley brought her son Reed home today from being in the hospital 94 days. I cant imagine how thrilled she is...love you Keeley!

I am getting close to putting pictures of my belly on here....just need the courage.....stay tuned

7 comments:

Stacey said...

You can do it Mere! I will put one on mine if you do. Congrats on the boy! We go tomorrow to see what this peanut is!

Audrey said...

Congratulations little boys are so fun!

Audrey

Missy said...

Yea congrats!! My only advise is to learn to duck or bob and weave:) Little boys are great!!
Go a head put the belly picture up you can do it!!!

joyce klein said...

congrats Mere, I know you will make a wonderful momma. Would like to see a little boy in our family sometime

Kristin said...

Congrats on the baby boy, Mere! So happy to hear that he's healthy! And, yes we def. need to see belly shots!

Shanta said...

Congrats Mere! That is so cool. What does Ashley want to name him? Suzie, Jennifer, Ashley, jr? Just kidding. I don't know Ashley too well, so I'd better keep my smart comments to myself. However, if he married you, he's likely got a decent sense of humor!

Unknown said...

We are so thrilled that baby C is a boy and that we can share all our boy clothes with that sweet angel face. You are such a cute preggo girl.....we love you guys and still can't believe that we live in the same town now.