Sunday, February 08, 2009

Baby Store--Take One

So this past week was somewhat busy. I have not mentioned this but I have been coaching a 5th and 6th grade girls basketball team at Goodpasture. While I love the game of basketball, teaching it is a whole other ballgame. These girls, bless their hearts, did their very best but we only won three games this season. The games we won were very exciting though! Usually by one or two points with the crowds on their feet!


The games we lost, however, we got drilled. So we had some life lessons I tried to teach them. For instance, we played in our tournament last Monday against a team we had beaten by 1 or 2 points. I was really excited, even nervous all day at work. The bad news was that if we won we had to play a team that had beaten us by about 40 earlier in the season. So I was not looking forward to that. We ended up losing by 6 or 7 so we left with some dignity! :) Here are my girls after that game :

Funny thing is that they actually like me. After all the running I made them do in practice, they really like me and want me to come back next season. For the record, it is much more fun telling someone else to run instead of running yourself. This past Saturday night at the high school game we got announced at halftime. So I got to walk out with my girls one more time. They want to get together and have a party with the boys team. Good grief. I have no idea how to handle 11 and 12 year old hormones. Do they even have hormones at this age? See, its much easier dealing with my girls.
Friday Ash and I went to the maternity store so I could pick out some very flattering jeans. Mom says I need to start wearing more maternity stuff. As if I enjoy looking like a stuffed sausage in normal clothes. Thanks mom! :)
After clothes shopping we went into Babies-r-us for the first time together. My oh my,,,its like another world. I literally started sweating the second we walked in there. We looked at furniture, strollers, and whatever else before my brain was screaming "Get OUT!! I NEED SONIC ASAP!!!" I mean seriously,,,all the strollers? So next time my trusty sis-in-law Kelly is coming with us. And I will already be equipped with Sonic slushy in hand.
We find out Friday what this little nugget inside me is and it seems like forever away! Ash really wants a girl which I think is precious. He has two younger brothers and he said he always wanted a sister. Little does he know,,,he has no idea what he is in for if it is a girl!!! We find out early Friday morning and Saturday we are having brunch with both sets of grandparents to tell them the news! I cant think of a better Valentines gift!!
Have a great week...maybe someday I will get the nerve to put pics of my ever expanding belly on here. I know only 3 people read this so I have no idea what the problem is!! :)))

6 comments:

Missy said...

All the baby stuff can be so overwhelming!! It gets better! Just wait till your house fills up:) You are right teaching BB to young ones can be so rewarding, but also an emotional roller coaster! Watching them run is so much better than running them-- hey but at least you can say be there done that:)

Shanta said...

Ditto on Babies R Us. I remember us standing in the bottle aisle (aisle #1, that is) and literally turning around and leaving. I wasn't ready to learn all that. Good luck Friday. Our sono is the same day! I can't wait to hear the news.

annalee said...

i teared up at the pacifiers, how in the world do you know which ones to register for?!? turns out adelaide never even touched one so it didn't matter, haha.

Laura said...

I just thought I would leave a comment (adding to the other 3) so you would know that there were indeed 4, yes 4, of us who read your blog! ha ha

Sarah, Jack & Molly said...

We can't wait to find out which parts little "nugget" has! We are so happy for you and Ash. See you in a couple weeks. Love you!

Audrey said...

Yes, it is much better to tell someone to run than run yourself...good work Mer! Congrats on the Valentine's surprise!

Audrey