Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A bad day

two blogs in two days, Jesus is really coming soon! :)

Ok, well my day started off with a bang. I was blow drying my hair and I knocked off a vase that was mounted on my wall with a fake hydrangia in it. It of course shattered onto the floor, but i continued to blow dry my hair because i was almost done anyway. Ash stumbled in in all his morning glory to see (squinted) if i was okay. I told him i was fine and this was all a dream. (he is really gullible)

So, ok the first hour of JAN. 18 was not good, but how much worse could it get?

I go to work early because it snowed here and i wanted to be a good hygienist and prepare for the days teeth that awaited me. I made coffee for all to share, and then went to do some things. I came back to the kitchen and the coffee was EVERYWHERE! i apparently did not put the coffee pot all the way in the holder thing and the stream of coffee never made it to the pot. So, a royal mess was made and I frantically tried to clean it up lest I become the office joke. The coffee had also soaked my new coat Ash got me for Christmas, that is gortex material, but still smells like coffee. The coffee finally got cleaned up with the help of 10000 paper towels, but my jacket kept leaking. I had to literally wring out my coat to get it to stop. finally, i just put some paper towels under my coat so it could drain. so now my North Face smells like Folgers Strong blend.

Lunch time comes around, and Ash informs me he got a new flipper. The tooth on the retainer thing? remember? now he has two. This new one is way more comfy he says. now on my bathroom counter are 2 retainers with 2 teeth on them. i KNOW i did not sign up for this August 20, 2005.

I go after work to meet Cilla and cant find my keys. I have my boss almost break my window to my car because i am "sure" they are in there, when someone comes out and says she found them in the trash. nice Mere. My boss just rolled his eyes and laughed. somehow, i still became the office joke.

So, I am home now thankfully with no more screw ups for the day. I am sure all these misfortunes are a direct result of my hair color. this never happened when i was blond. people understood when i messed up. now it is a shock!

But, who is the one person who can make this all better? Ash of course. My sweet husband told me he had a present for me. Jewelry? Ann Taylor gift card? shoes? no girls!! better!!1 what cna be better???

HOW ABOUT A CASE OF HARIBO GUMMI BEARS!! THATS 48 BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haribo gummi bears are the best gummi bears ever. their texture is priceless. you can buy them at walgreens or target, and they are in a gold box or bag. please go and enjoy.

how sweet is he? a patient of his sells candy at cost, and so he got those plus some Jelly Bellies for me! i am so excited! I plan on devouring them immediatley!

so the day ended well, but i am still going back to blond tomorrow. i will try to take a picture of the Goth that is my hair for you all to see!

4 comments:

leslie said...

OH Mere... why does none of that surprise me? I can just picture the look on your face when you go back to the kitchen and discover the sea of coffee. Priceless.
I'm so glad you got some Haribo's!! I think of you every time I see them.
Miss you!

Shanta said...

Mere! I'm so sorry about your day.But trust me, it has nothing to do with the hair color! But, check out Brooke's sister- now that's really rough. My first day of law school, the girl next to me was so upset that the only seats left for us were in the front row of 8am Contracts, that she passed out about 15 minutes into class. She rolled around and slid down in her chair, and nailed her head on the desk behind her. It was awful. Especially when the prof kept lecturing about "offer and acceptance" as if nothing had happened.

Hope today is better! When are you coming to DALLAS?

Unknown said...

Wowzers- Ashley definitely knows his girl well.........gummy bears make everything better. Post a pic of your spicy hair before you go back to your blondeness!

Kelli said...

I completely agree, Haribo Gummi Bears are the best there is. No contest! Sorry for the bad day, but eat a few red gummi bears and you'll feel better soon! :)