Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's in Indiana?

Well, another successful Christmas and New Years has gone by and this year has already started off just great!
this is my first Christmas and New Year's as a married woman, and that is the obvious HUGE highlight of 2005.
Some lowlights of 2005 include:
Ash's house burning completely down on Jan. 26, 2005
Me breaking a vertebrae in my lower back on Feb. 11 while snowboarding in Colorado
The pathetic season of the Vols
The ridiculously slow rate the framers are taking with our house
The movie "Elizabethtown"

So, this year Ash and I went to ski for the weekend at Perfect North Slopes in Indiana. That's right, I said INDIANA! . We were driving to the "slopes" (aka - a bit larger than a hill) and it was green grass all the way until randomly there was some snow on this hill. It was a little weird skiing in 50 degree weather with other people skiing in jeans. (Just a note for everyone, please don't ski or snowboard in jeans. you look silly. ) Thankfully, I did not get hurt this time around, but hopefully Colorado won't get me again!

We slept in Saturday and met up with some kids from our church youth group that night around 8:00 for some night skiiing and to watch fireworks. We ended up snowboarding until 3 in the morning!! I am a SPECK!! I am not used to staying up this late! :) (shout out to my brother!)

We quit early yesterday to go snowtubing which totally freaked me out, but I know Ashley loved watching my eyes basically pop out of my head down the hill at a very fast rate!

To end our fun vacation, we ate at Abuelos!!! (i think i misspelled it!! Sorry to my fellow Abileneans!) I loved taking Ash to one of my favorite college restaurants in the middle of Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Overall, Christmas with my family was absolutely perfect. New Years in Indiana was every girl's dream! :) I am truly blessed!

Stay tuned for Christmas pics of my nephew Palmer!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just the word Abuelos makes my mouth water.........oh how I miss that place! So glad you guys got to ski and you came home with a good back......one day we'll ski/snow-board together with your funny skiing brother, I promise!