Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy 2008!

Literally, Kelly forced me to update and I confess I had forgotten how to login correctly. Give me a break, I have my hands in peoples mouths all day and talk to them as if they can talk back. Why do hygienists do that?


I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years! Mine was especially good because my whole family was together for several days including all three grandchildren. It was so good to see Lainey Hope who is just a couple of months older than Bennett. Here she is with her beautiful mommy Kim.

We had a family portrait made for my parents for their birthday/christmas present so that is always fun. Mom made all the guys wear red sweaters. Just the guys. Red sweaters. Kind of like when the boy had to wear the bunny suit in "The Christmas Story" that is on 24 hours over Christmas. But they survived and it turned out great. (sorry this pic is so bad! )

We also got my nephew Palmer the Wii. Has anyone played that? That is totally awesome! I was sweating so bad when I played boxing. I felt like I was playing the Italian guy on Mike Tyson's game. Very empowering. Like Tae-Bo on crack. Wish we could have had this for our famous Siggie workouts after club that year. I am terrible at bowling but this was no surprise. Palmer just wanted to create people, but that in itself was really fun. So, hats off to the Japanese for getting us off our rear ends and getting some exercise.

Well, I better go see if Bennett needs his Aunt Mere to give him kisses. They are leaving tomorrow and we are so sad. We have had so much fun with everyone and will miss them terribly!



One more thing-I already talked to Leslie about this but go see the movie "Juno". It was the best movie I have seen in a long time. Also, the book that I just finished was "The Pillars of the Earth" which was fabulous and my new favortite cd that I can't get enough of is the "Hairspray" soundtrack. Does anyone else like any of these? Tell me yours too! I need a new book!



Ok seriously this time. My New Years resolution is to blog more and keep up with the world through this technology. This is my goal. Talk to you soon!






4 comments:

J.R. Foster said...

Glad to see you back in the world of blogging:) I would check it like once a month...I'm so glad I checked it today:) Glad you had a good Christmas...I'm going to see Juno this week (so excited!), and 'Hairspray'...need I say more? Love it!

Sarah said...

Mereby!!! I haven't clicked on your blog link in so long, but to my surprise. . . you're back again. Laughing hysterically at your wit as always. So glad all 3 grandbabies were in one place. Sure there was no lack of lovin' going on! Let's get together soon. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun?"

leslie said...

Yay Meredith! It was so good to read your update. Keep it up! I miss you!

annalee said...

hi meredith!
just realized you are back at blogging and i am very excited!
as for juno- love, love, loved it (the soundtrack of it is as good as hairspray too).
and i got evan that book for christmas, so glad to hear you liked it.