Friday, January 25, 2008


We have returned from Colorado and it was an injury free week praise the Lord! We go out at 8:30 in the morning and dont return until 3:30 or 4 in the afternoon so you can imagine that my legs are on fire by the end of the day! We usually eat in at night and watch movies, and this year we have been watching "Las Vegas" seasons. (That is a pretty good show by the way. ) Also we have been watching episodes of "The Office" which is the greatest show ever.

(this picture has nothing to do with Colorado. it is in our back yard two weeks ago. awesome.)


The only semi-injury was today when me and Ash were going in and out of trees. There are paths through the trees that are pretty narrow and are probably more for skiers but snowboarders can make it ok. He was ahead of me and I was trying to follow him but on one path I chose not to at the last minute. It was too late to turn and so I totally hit a tree head first and fell back into like waist deep powder snow. Thankfully I had my helmet on so hitting the tree didn't hurt, but digging myself out of snow almost made me have a heart attack. Seriously, I thought I was in good shape but obviously not.



So, we leave tomorrow but we come back to Aspen next weekend with my cousin and her husband for a few days. Hopefully another injury-free week will be in the forecast. Here are some pics from the week:
this is Ash winding in and out of the trees--he really scared me when he would do that!~



me going through a tee-pee but trust me I did hit the stupid thing several times.





sorry-i dont know how to rotate it. Leslie-you can help me with that.


me and Ash

me, Ash, his two brothers and Jennifer (sis-in-law)



We go back this weekend so I will put more up! Have a good week!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Mereby,
What a trip! I can't believe you're snowboarding!! I still remember being clobbered from behind by you, without warning, last time we were on ski's! Looks like you and Ash had fun. Love you & miss you!

The Speck family said...

Love the pics- what an awesome vacation! You are such the snow bunny, you know. I am so thrilled you are back to the blogging world! Bennett misses you and sends you lots of sloppy kisses. We love you.

Keeley White said...

Mere-
I am so excited that you are blogging again. I need someone else out there who blogs that doesn't have kids! It is such a great way to stay in touch with friends that you cannot see all of the time. I am also going skiing next week. We will be in Keystone for a week...I can't wait!