Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday and What do I do?

On behalf of the Clayton Family, we would love to wish my lovely sister in law, Kelly, a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We love her so much and are so thrilled they live here now! Kelly has been a lifesaver from the very start of this adventure we call motherhood. I am feeling nostalgic today, and would love to share the story of how we met. It was my freshman year, her sophomore year at college---JUST KIDDING KELLY!! :) I already told this story on an earlier post so you have to look it up to read it. Kel says I totally exaggerate the story, but I feel like I am crystal clear on every detail!!



Here are some pics from her birthday dinner at my parents:









So quick question--did anyone get a manual when you left the hospital? Mine must have gotten misplaced or something....because between the hours of 1-6 my little wild man is just that--WILD! I am doing a great routine during the day,,it just goes down the drain at night. Charlie would say--"Hey--cut me some slack! Im only 14 days old!" I'm not expecting him to say his ABC's anytime soon, but to at least sleep sort of better at night. When does this all happen? Is there a magic spell I need to say to him or just lots and lots of prayer? :)

Well, besides those few hours he is precious. I wonder if he associates me with anything other than food at this point. Does he know what I went through to get him here? Does he know I am his mommy? Here are some more pics from last night when daddy came home from work:


what a ladies man already!!!! HAppy Birthday Aunt Kelly!!! We love you!!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

He is a cutie!

Audrey said...

Are you swaddling him? I hear that they like this and it keeps them secure.

Audrey

p.s. I can't get over how cute he is!

The Speck family said...

How happy am I that you did not re-tell the story when we first met? Ha. HOW BEAUTIFUL IS MY NEPHEW!?!?!?! Those pics of him looking at Ashley totally melt my heart. I. Love. Charlie. And I guess his mom and dad too :). Thanks again for the b-day shout-out....we loved seeing you guys Sun. night.

Sarah said...

He is precious and you look great! Carson had his days and nights mixed up there for a bit at first, too.