Tuesday, July 07, 2009

To my sweet friend Leslie

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

After being thirty for a few weeks now, I can safely say its not so bad. I wish I could see you on your birthday, but things around here have more or less been turned upside down in a good way:)

I will never forget when we first met. Freshman year at ACU, and I was going with some girls to play basketball. We were waiting in the lobby for a friend I had not met yet. The door opened and out walks this red headed, bowl cut, post player who looked like she knew basketball. After playing that night, and for the next 4 years, we made a pretty good team on the court. Some accused us of being ball hogs, but we were so not! We just knew that we were better:)

Our senior year was the best. PLaying against DT'S was always a blood bath. Kojies was just a game of pride really. The most competition came from the freshman cause they were in good shape fresh from high school. But when that championship game came around, we were all business. We won-naturally, and the way you and I celebrated was so ridiculous. We run to the middle and start jumping up and down as if we had just won the Olympics. I will bask in that glory always:)

More than being my basketball soulmate, you have always been my best friend. So many memories, too many to tell, especially the ones Cilla does not need to know about:) You are truly such a blessing to have in my life, and even though we live 800 miles from eachother, it never seems that far. To see you surprise me on my birthday will always be the bestest surprise ever. I could have cried seeing you there!

I miss living near you, getting a cajun cone every 45 minutes, walking in the ridiculous times of the heat, getting ready for dates, and praying together. You have the best prayers-so simple and so heartfelt. You are such a godly woman, and the best mother I know. Your girls are so lucky to have you as their mommy!

I could write all day long, and would but I have a 6 day old whom I cant seem to take my eyes off of. I will write about him maybe tomorrow.

I love you so much Leslie, and I hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday!

1 comment:

leslie said...

Bowl cut?!?! Whatever. I was hot. haha. Gosh, I miss ya. I can't believe you took the time to write that much with baby Charlie only 6 days old. I love you girl. Those memories are some of my favorites. There are SOOO many more. I will always hold them in my heart! You will be my BFFeva. I hate that we live so far apart.
Thanks for taking part in James's little sneaky sneak plan. He pulled this on off!
I love you. Can't wait to see you and meet Charlie. Huuuuuugggggggs.