Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sleep? Whats that?


So almost three weeks of having my little man home, and I have maybe slept a total of 14 hours over those weeks. :) Not complaining-I have just decided that this is a right of passage and I should just get over it. But, I will complain a little about Ash getting more sleep than me. Now I know he should during the week cause he is working, but this picture was taken on a Tuesday night about 7:45. And he was out for the rest of the night,,,,must be nice.





sorry---cant figure how to rotate this pic

We took Charlie to get his newborn pictures done Friday, and of course he slept the whole way there and was wide awake when we got there. We finally got him to sleep, but it was slightly stressful. There I was in the background holding the hairbrush, like my mom used to do to me. I kind of felt like a stagemom just waiting for my cue to go in and fix his hair when called upon. Then Paul (photographer) wanted me in the pictures. Um,,,,I looked horrible because I thought it was just of the baby!! I did what he wanted but I will NOT be ordering any of those. Geez Louise,,,,. As a sidenote I did put some makeup on Friday and I am pretty sure Charlie had no idea who I was for the longest time.




Had my checkup with the doctor to and he gave me the ok to do some "light exercise", whatever that means. I took Charlie walking this weekend cause it was so gorgeous outside! He did so good!! The driveway is so bumpy and I thought his head was gonna fall off but it turns out he is pretty resilient.




I just finished making him watch "Twilight" with me for his first time. He needs to learn to appreciate the arts. ")

It is amazing how I seem to be making some sense writing this considering the lack of sleep I have had---ok. Baby boy is now screaming his head off for no reason. I have heard they get fussy in the afternoon and he must be going through that now because his face is purple. Amazingly I put on some Dave Matthews Band music and he calmed down. I put earphones on my tummy while pregnant playing DMB, so glad to know its paying off!


Goodnight~!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Hang in there!

Audrey

The Speck family said...

Oh my sweetness....I love the pics with his eyes open. PRESH. I'm heading to Paul's website now to see the pics he took!

Sarah said...

It is amazing how the daddies always manage to find a way to nap. Hang in there, the sleep will get better! We used to call late afternoon Carson's "witching hour" because he was always so fussy!

Keith said...

Hey girl! Charlie is so precious! I wanted to comment on the " daddy gets more sleep than the mama". Hang in there. It seems to continue as they get older:) Try to choose joy and communicate lovingly so when you do need his help b.c you are done, he will joyfully rise to the challenge: in other words, set him up for success b.c mamas can only last for so long without a break:) Love you! M