Thursday, September 10, 2009

6 hours!!!

So over Labor Day weekend, mom and I decided to drive to Michigan to see my older brother, Kim, Palmer, and Lainey Hope. They had yet to meet Charlie so this was perfect timing. We left on Friday, but Thursday I was really hoping I could get some good sleep for the long drive ahead. Well, my prayer was answered because he slept from 10:30-5:30!!! Whoo-hoo right? So you would think I would have slept that whole time,,,,,wrong!



I woke up around 3:45 panicking because I could not hear him. So over the next hour I got up, walked into his room, put my face right into his so i could feel his breath about 10 times!!!


Ridiculous. Then when I finally relaxed and started to fall back to sleep my angel woke up. Oh well,,,lately he has been sleeping longer, but last night was every 3 hours again. But I know he CAN sleep longer,,,so I hold onto this idea with every last bit of strength I have:) This too shall pass Mere,,,this too shall pass,,,(my mantra)


Here are some pics from the trip up North. My precious niece Laniey Hope got into my mascara,,hilarious. Hazardous? sure. But funny too. Oh, and her first word was "shoes". Randy is in for an expensive baby girl! :)







Lainey Hope LOVED Charlie,,,calling him her "Ba-e Cha-e"








Now while this looks dangerous I assure everyone I had the situation under complete control. I am the aunt,,,so whatever they want to do is fine with me. :)))



Aunt Kimmy making Charlie laugh!

Palmer holding Charlie. That precious boy turns 7 in October! I cant believe it,,,




Priceless...




Lainey loved patting Charlie's head,,,,little rough at times:), but overall adorable!



Look at my little flirt!!!





I guess with this face I could stay up all night if he wanted me too!!

3 comments:

kimmy said...

Thanks for coming to visit us Aunt Mere!!!! You're a barrell of fun! We sure do miss you and
"Ba-e Cha-e" (he's super precious)
Hugs and Kisses -
The Michigan Fam

The Speck family said...

I am loving these pics....do I not have the cutest niece and nephews EVER? Yes, no questions asked. Charlie's little "flirt" look is obviously straight from his mom's DNA- ha :). He is sooooo sweet and I loved snuggling with him tonight. KJS

Kacy said...

Mere - Charlie is so adorable!!! I know the sleep thing is rough, but he'll get it down after a little more time. One day soon it will be a distant memory and you can start all over again with the next one :)