Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mom of the year? Hardly!

So yesterday we took our man to get his first shots. I didnt realize how traumatic that was gonna be for everyone! I was dreading it all day,,,promised him ice cream afterwards (actually for me) and the trusty old saying my mom used to say to me--"I wish I could get the shots instead of you." Yeah right.


She brought in 4 different shots! Ash was holding him, and I was kissing his head and ears while she gave him his first shot. I didnt know if he would feel it that much cause he is a bit of a chunky monkey:) But as soon as the first shot happened, his face went red, mouth wide open, and the silent cry commenced. It was pitiful. Here are some afterwards with the band aids...

So, I have had a bad case of mommy brains. The other day I put my glass of milk in the cabinet instead of the dishwasher. I also left our crock pot on for an entire week!!! Yep. I did. Did I mention that our house caught on fire a few years ago so we try to be careful around fire? OUr crockpot sits in a cubby in the cabinet. So, I was going to put something in to have a nice dinner for Ash when he came home, lifted the sliding door to get it out and the smell was horrid. The lid had melted to the pot. Unbelieveable. Praise the Lord we did not have another fire!



Another reason to be nominated for "Mom of the Year" is our walk we took the other day. It was beautiful outside, and so I wanted to show him all that nature had in store for him. Here is the progression of the walk...


Fine so far...



starting to get upset...



notice the redness,,,really mad now!



as soon as we got home,,,sleeping.









Love this little man!!

5 comments:

Missy said...

I LOVE your post!! You make me smile SO big!!! Shots are the worst!! He is SO CUTE!!! No one tells you that you become forgetful and crazy after you have a baby:)

Stacey said...

Hate those yucky shots! Good thing they don't remember the first year:)

Audrey said...

So, cute! Looks like things are going well. I can't wait to join you with my two little ones.

Audrey

The Speck family said...

That last pic is my new fav~ too cute for words. I am still praising Jesus that your house did not burn down....Trav (Mr. Low Risk) gasped with horror when I told him the crock pot story :).

KCoffman said...

No fun at all when its a follow up appointment w shots ! :( .. I always cry with them !!