Saturday, November 12, 2005

Day 2 in D.C.

I think i should live in a city like D.C. for several reasons. Here are a few:

1. Only the trendiest people live here in this posh city. 'Nuff said.

2. Anyone who knows me would know i love to walk, and so here everyone walks everywhere.

3. There is a Starbucks on every corner.

4. Two of my fabulous family live here in this fabulous city.

5. At one corner are my favorite stores: Tiffany and Co., Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, J. Crew,
Jimmy Choo, Pottery Barn, and of course Starbucks.

6. I personally do not own a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, but I will try anything once.

7. They need more Republicans here.

8. When I step out of Trav and Kel's house, I feel like I am on "Dawsons Creek."

As much as I love this city life, I will always be a Southern girl.
In Tennessee, Nashville more specifically, people say hi to you when they pass by on the street.

In Nashville, sweet tea is always on the menu.

We also have Purity chocolate milk, even though we just welcomed Blue Bell into our homes.

We have the Vols and the Titans, who combined have a total of 6 wins this season. A bit disappointing, but we still love them anyway.

Its hard to beat the good southern food.

We are building a house on the lake so we can wakeboard everyday. how cool is that?

Last but certainly not least, I met the love of my life here in Tennessee and that alone is my most favorite reason of why I love Nashville.

Peace in the middle east,
Mere

1 comment:

hejlyeah said...

Man, I think I had the same exact experience when I went to DC in August. Lots of walking and LOTS of Starbucks. It's beautiful there though. But I'm with you - I could never live there! I'd miss Texas too much!