Monday, September 26, 2005

Good Ol' Rocky Top

The headlines of tomorrows paper should read :Shock and Awe.

My Vols, my precious Vols, you gotta love them!

How many teams could go to the one place in the country where Hurricane Katrina sat on and have no sympathy for the home team? How many teams could come back from a 21-0 deficit to beat the #4 team in the country? How many teams could cause you to have a heart attack, love them, then have heart burn all within a matter of mintues? Just one team my friends, just one team.

Rick Clausen threw for like 180 yards, and helped score all 30 of their points to win the game. Talk about the comeback kid. I am so proud of him. He has really hung in there despite all the hype surrounding Danny Ainge, the high school star who throws like a girl. Tennessee's total yards was 320 to LSU'S 255. We were not supposed to win that game, but the gods of football smiled down on us tonight. At halftime, I was ready to cash in on the game and call it a night. But, Rick came in and took control of the game as a true leader would.

My husband is a Georgia boy. He will have his judgement day in 2 weeks.

And to Coach Fulmer- This chili dog with extra cheese and onion is for you my fat friend.

To my fellow Vols- WE WILL TRIUMPH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, sister. I was just praying the whole time that Phil didn't keel over of a heart attack......... What a great game! Trav and I could not fall asleep until like 1 am our time, but it was totally worth it. Go Vols! We love you Clausen and Riggs.

leslie said...

Ya'll crack me up. I don't know who any of the people are that ya'll are naming, but I'm all about a comeback story! Sounds like a great game!