Thursday, September 29, 2005

Love the sinner, hate the sin

my title was a classic quote from quite possibly one of the greatest shows of all time. can anyone guess? well, the show is Alias, and the quote helps me deal with my sin tonight. before i begin, let me tell you how it all, uh, began.

about a year or so ago, one of my bestest friends in the world (BFF-eva) Leslie, introduced me to Alias- the show with Jennifer Garner. She was clearly obsessed with the show and at times actually thought she was Sydney Bristow. I think if Vaughn asked her to run away with him even now, she just might do it. Anywho, she got me hooked on the show. So much that when i went to visit her in Abilene, we spent a whole Sunday afternoon watching her Alias dvd's. so, when i came home to Nashvegas i went to my local Blockbuster and rented the other seasons and watched it non-stop. seriously, non-stop. i too became Sydney Bristow. So, i have been looking forward to this day with a new season beginning with a fervor. i am mad because ben affleck stole her from vaughn, but that is another issue that must be dealt with soon.

all day today, i have pined over what happened last season finale. what was going to happen this season? i kept asking all sorts of questions to myself, but none could be answered until tonight at 8 o'clock.

WAIT!! NOT 8 O'CLOCK!!! THE FREAKIN SHOW STARTED AT 7 O'CLOCK!

I was watching the O.C. with my gorgeous husband while eating pizza and anticipating the new season. about 5 till 8, i flipped it to ABC and then i saw the last 5 minutes of the season premiere. i could not believe it. i had failed Sydney. i almost couldnt breathe. i physically became sick.

so, now to you Leslie, I have failed you. I got my times confused and now i am out. i need you to let me know what happens otherwise i may die. i am sorry for my incompetence and irresponsibility.

so, as the Irish girl said to Vaughn before she was killed by some serum,
"love the sinner, hate the sin."

rock on Alias.

3 comments:

Becky Martin said...

Mere,
Just found your blog...so good you're in the blog world! I watched Alias tonight but it was while I was working and I totally missed all the important parts. I thought I'd be able to watch it without too many distractions but I'll have to start taping it when I'm working because it's no good if you miss any of it. It's really the best...I've been hooked since the 1st season.

Unknown said...

I admit, I'm totally into the O.C.- I guess it brings me back to my 90210 days when I was in love with Dylan......but I haven't jumped on the Alias band-wagon yet. Didn't you watch the UT game re-played on ESPN2?!?!?!

leslie said...

Meredith
I am having a hard time finding the words to even type. Most sins should be forgiven by a Bff-eva, but I don't know about this one. How...why....
I am utterly speechless.
The OC? I am so disappointed in you Meredith.
I can't even type the words to tell you what happened. You need to call me tonight, or we might just break up foreva.

Okay, I'll tell you. Vaughn dies. The show sucks. If he doesn't some back, then I will stop watching. I don't understand why Vaughn let me down. Did our relationship mean nothing to him?
Vaughn was shot like 50 times in the chest.
He was in the hospital and told Sydney (but he meant to say Leslie) that he loved her before he died.
However, Sydney gave him something to drink before he "died." I think she gave him something to make it appear as though he was dead, so that they could transport him somewhere. (Because if he lived, he would be in trouble..people think he is a double agent..)
PLUS- at the funeral Sydney wasn't crying. Sydney cries at EVERYTHING. And her and Jack were just looking at eachother weird. I think he was in on it too.
However, I just read Chad Darnell's blog (a casting director for Alias) and I really think Vaughn is not coming back.
I don't know. I'm in a state of shock this morning.

This is the longest comment eva.
Call me later so that you can apologize to me in person for not watching it.