Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Trying to be Domestic

For all you wives out there, can someone please tell me how this marriage thing works? I am trying to be a good wife and cook, clean, and perform other wifely duties, but I cant seem to balance everything out. Why can't the cooking thing come naturally? I have a friend here, Kandace, who makes the best meals. She just puts "a little bit of this , and a little bit of that". I have to have clear crisp instructions on what to do. Cleaning-I have that down. I feel a bit anal about always cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Can I get a voice from some of my peeps?

Getting my haircut Friday. I am really doing it this time. I cant believe it, I might even color it brown. I love brown hair. I think it is so sophisticated! We will see how much guts I have to do this.

Tomorrow night is a Beth Moore study across the way. It is with girls from church, and i need to go to get to know everyone. Just like a devo with the Siggies!

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

leslie said...

Meredith! You have some amazing writing talents. I am sooo excited that you have blog! You are awesome. I can't wait to see your haircut and color. I definitely like the brown idea! I have tried calling you but no returns? Are we breaking up?

Ashley said...

What up, girl? Lord knows we all need the hip Kelly Speck's of the world in our lives to introduce us to new things like blogging.

Go brown. It can match the burned suppers that you serve. :)

Ashley Core Nelson

Shanta said...

"I had a nightmare that I was brunette." This was on a t-shirt that I saw yesterday of this fake-baking, tired looking, peroxide wearing, botox sporting "hip" lady. She killed me. And I was waaay cuter.

Hey! Happy Marriage!!! What's your new home address? You can email it to me at smurray@feesmith.com. I'm glad to get to catch back up with you Mrs. Clayton. WOW- wierd, huh? I'll tell you if I figure out the wifely mysteries. For now, I'm just concentrating on being a good sex partner.