Sunday, October 02, 2005

No desserts for you!

well, i am on a new thing and i need accountability partners to help me. Ash and I have decided not to have sweets for a month. It seems that our waistlines have grown considerably and we just watched a TLC special on the "Half Ton Man.". Needless to say, we do not want to end up like that, 1200 pounds and still eating desserts. I am thrilled that he is doing this with me.

for those of you who know me, I love sweets. I could make 3 meals a day on just sweets. I didnt eat many before the wedding, but now I have no motivation. Except some verse in the Bible that says to always keep yourself up for your husband. does it say anywhere about the husband keeping himself up for the wife? The Lord probably knew that might be to hard to ask so why bother.

the past several nights we have been eating ice cream, and not the recommended serving size either. more like bathtub size. it can be embarrassing. We went to the marble slab to get sweet cream ice cream, oreo, granola, and strawberries. this is known as "dolla bill delight." i dont have any clue why it is named that, but last night we went to the Cold Stone Cremery and I got the apple pie a la cold stone. it was ok,,should have gone with something else. Ash got the Boston creme,,something. It was sweet cream ice cream, a piece of yellow cake, and whip cream all mixed together. it was pretty darn good. we made ourselves so sick that we both decided not to have any for a month.

the problem is that tomorrow night is my moms birthday. do i have a piece of cake to celebrate with her? i dont want to ruin her night! hhhmmm, maybe i will start next month. there are a lot of birthdays this month!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no- get word verification!

Call me tonight- I got your message late last night.

hejlyeah said...

Hey Meredith! Long time no talk. How's married life????

leslie said...

Oh my.. you've got to get that advertisment pic off of here! Yikes!
You can do it..if you keep putting it off, you'll never do it. (Not that you need to)
And as far as birthday cake goes - you can defeat that!! Chew lots of sugar free gum. That always helps me when I'm trying to diet.

I got my shoes in the mail. Thanks!