Monday, October 24, 2005

last week in Nashvegas, the weather was about 75-80 degrees. This week, it is like 40 degrees. this is what is bad about Nashville : there is no in-between. no gradual decline in degree change, just WHAM!!! OLD MAN WINTER IS HERE! i do love the fall season however.

This past weekend my Vols blew it again. I think we should fire everyone: players, coaches, waterboys, program writers--just clean house. To lose 6-3 to Alabama??? Give me a break!

On another subject, Ashley's friend and former roommate of 7 years, Will, had a seizure Friday night. We went up to the hospital to see him and the family. He has a brain tumor, but they think it might have stemmed from scar tissue surrounding the tumor. He is also on the experimental chemo treatment. He lost his father over a year ago, and seems to just have nothing but bad things happen to him. Please keep him in your prayers, and also his precious wife Shelby. I cant imagine what she is going through.

On a lighter note, My dad--the great Steve--had his birthday the other night. He told me he was on a diet and to not have cake, but I brought a triple chocolate cake instead. He loved it! Yes, my dessert diet surrendered a long time ago.

I had a Dental Alliance meeting tonight with other wives of dentists. It was my first, and i was asked to join. i seriously felt like i was pledging all over again!! we were talking about fundraisers, luncheons, and gala events. but when i got up to sing the Siggie song, no one else joined in,,,bunch of losers.

i am about to settle in to watch Laguna Beach. Ash and I seem to only watch MTV and the E channel. Such quality shows on those channels! in my defense, i have to know how TomKat will raise their kitten!! :)

Well, this was not funny at all, but I am feeling a bit drained at the moment. i missed Oprah today and i feel completely out of touch with the world. so, to all, have a great night and we will speak soon.

if any of you know my good friend Leslie, please have her call me. Her new "best friends" are taking up quality Mere time!! :)

LOVE
mere

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What would we do without E! news?!?! "We watch the stars and the stars watch us"- we are addicted. I'm so glad you got to celebrate big Steve's b-day......I know he loved the thriple chocolate cake. We are praying for Will and Shelby- keep us posted. See you in a few weeks.....

Shanta said...

Did you kinda feel like you knew more about dentistry than the other wives? Or is there a high percentage of marriage within the industry? I think the dentist/hygienist hook up is a fairly common one.. similar to the pilot/flight attendant scenario. Do you and Ashley clean each others' teeth? What I'm really asking for is a free bleaching when I'm home for Thanksgiving.

leslie said...

Hey - the phone calls work both ways sister. I have been meaning to call you though. I am SO sorry to hear about Will. I can't believe that. Let them know they are in the prayers of many.

I miss you sooooo much! I will call you tonight. I promise.

Love you.