Tuesday, October 25, 2005

bye bye sweet tooth,,

i know the title is misleading, but i am not talking about desserts. even though, last night at the dental womens meeting, all the ladies were size 2 with 3 kids, and several numbers in their accounts. i stuck out like a sore thumb to say the least. but, i was inducted,,,the hazing was minimal. no suntan panty hose or yellow skirt spank you very much.

quick sidenote,,,,the chinese backstreet boys video that Kelly sent me,,,is that for real? i saw it on the Today show this morning. are they being serious? someone enlighten me please.

ok, back to my sweet tooth. i am referring to number 25. that is on the bottom in the middle(remember to count from the upper right to left, and then lower left to right,,everyone do that now,,,1,2,3,4,)

ever since i can remember, i have always had this yellow spot that takes up most of the tooth. i used to think it was corn that somehow magically got inside my tooth, but last year figured out that there was no corn actually IN the tooth. it was an intrinsic stain that probably occurred in some kind of fall that i took as a child. some kind of trauma happened to sweet Mere. hhmmmm,,,it could either be Randy or the gypsy kid we all know as Travis. sure he looks sweet, but you didnt know him back when.

well, i finished early today and asked my boss if he would fix it. i have always been self conscious of my tooth and have never really come out of my shell. i tend to be introverted most of the time, and so i thought i needed a change. so, as i watch Alias on TNT, Mark (my boss) numbed my lower chin and began to chisel my tooth and put white composite on there to match the other teeth. my lips felt huge and i was drooling everywhere, but he was nice and just wiped my chin. i think i heard him laugh too.

so, 26 years later, i have a new tooth to help me get back into the big world where i belong. i came home to my hubby who had just bought a pizza for us. he laughed as i could barely eat my pizza because the numbing still had not worn off. in fact, as i write this now, i am drooling down the side of my face. it is all worth it though.

everyone have a great day! me and my new tooth have some smiling to do!! (cheessssyyy!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new tooth! Your gyspy brother will be proud......I think he wants a bleaching tray set up for him next time we are in TN. And for everyone who is curious about "Travis the gypsy", Meredith and Randy spent their childhood telling Travis he had been left on their door-step by gypsies when he was a baby, so that's why he doesn't look like any of them.......bless his heart!

leslie said...

How fun is that?! I want to do the ZOOM again. Do you just look at your teeth and smile at yourself in the mirror all of the time?!

You didn't call me last night! You promised!!!

Shanta said...

How about some pics of that fabulous new piece of dentistry?

hejlyeah said...

Bye bye yellow spot. Way to go!